Message is same, Things are same, and Execution is also same… But, the only differences are “way of conveying message as well as Target group. Guess!!! Which brand can be? It is the only one brand which is being an ahead by conceptually & innovation as well as being used an advance technology. The brand is “TATA SKY” Direct to Home Service provider (D2H), followed by Dish TV (Zee Entertainment Enterprise Ltd. Group).
At present, Dist TV brand is market leader (on the base of highest subscriber), while Tata Sky brand is leader by being an introducing innovative & consumer’s convenience service. Yet, no any brand has beaten to Tata Sky in terms of various offers & service. Tata Sky has strong brand equity & also providing offer where consumers are getting “Value for money”. Its efforts shall be always towards understanding the consumer’s demands & try to be fulfilling their needs and demand.
Tata sky brand has already been created strong brand image with the punch line of “Isko Laga dala to life jinga la la”.
Total Market Players: - Dish TV, Tata Sky, Sun direct, Videocon d2H, Airtel Digital TV, Reliance Big TV.
Website Link: - http://www.tatasky.com/tv-guide.jsp (TV Guide Day wise)
Tata sky has released TVC campaign as well as innovative services since Jan. ’12 to Sept.’12 like:
(1) Promotional offer pack (Poonch ne mein Kya jata Hai – i.e. Nothing loss by just asking)
(2) Tata Sky mobile Access
(3) Relocation across India service
(4) 24x7 hour call center service
(5) On - time service
(6) 3 Day grace period
(7) Payment Reminder
(8) Package Advisor
Now, again it has come up with different target group & conveying the same message by innovative way.
Target Group: - Old couple in new TVC campaign
The new TVC campaigns are released on:-
(1) Parental Lock Feature Service:
(2) Relocation across India service
(3) Program guide & make fixed position of those channels which you want to watch
(4) Pay for only those channels which you want to watch
(5) Day wise TV Guide of all channels
(6) And, also tied up with Bollywood movie “English – Vinglish” which has been released 3 weeks ago where Tata sky is being promoting “Tata Sky Active English service”.
(1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqjbnXy6-_w tata sky (Parental lock / channel lock)
(2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuPDsgYWfAs&feature=relmfu (Relocation across India)
(3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g6MaVQtSyk&feature=relmfu (Tv guide / program guide)
(4) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THwXjcMIZSc&feature=relmfu (Make your own pack)
(5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIBACUIk1FA (Tied up with English-vinglish movie)
Brand Analysis: - Today, Tata Sky’s aim is not only reach their service to single segment but also they trying to reach for Old (Age wise) consumers too. They also desire the same services which are being getting by young one (Including married couple). And, old one are not used to with advanced technology & advanced features.
Thus, hereby Tata Sky is trying to capture different target market where it is generating & offering same service which has already been either introduced in market or having well knowledge about it by young one.
The storyboard is about character ‘Dabbu” whose having “Tata Sky” and conveying single message that “Aapke pass Tata Sky nahi Hai na! (Don’t you have Tata Sky?). Tata Sky has been used first time old couple series in every campaign & offering service like parental lock system, TV Guide Day wise, Pay for Fixed channels, Relocation across India etc.
Such various services has never been launched by other competitive brands, Most of the competitive brands are playing with “Price Package” where many consumers are price conscious too. However, Tata Sky is on 2nd positive & followed by Dish TV.
As a brand Tata Sky’s attempt always appreciated where consumers are getting or facing something new. As well, so far overall strategy execution is being always appreciated not only for Tata Sky brand but also major all brands of Tata Group.
Share your Views … Don’t you have Tata Sky?